With the holidays coming up, now would be a wonderful time for you to receive a raise on your job. Hopefully these 25 action steps will help lead you to a better future:
- Leave your personal drama at home.
- Stop wasting time on Facebook and start working on projects that make a difference.
- Stop acting like a victim.
- Stop complaining about things not being fair.
- Arrive a few minutes early, leave a few minutes late.
- Stop talking about what you are going to do and do it.
- Ask your leader what you can do to make their life easier.
- Have a heart of gratitude instead of a heart of entitlement.
- Be the best servant on the team.
- When you find a problem, present a solution instead of griping about it.
- Have your leader’s back.
- Pray for your leader every day.
- Memorize and live out the vision and core values of your organization.
- Take responsibility for your responsibilities.
- Love difficult people with all of your heart.
- Stop making excuses.
- Do more than what is expected, doing just enough to get by is lame.
- Care more about people than projects and personal preferences.
- Make people feel like they matter by giving away as much power as you possibly can to those on your team.
- Pay attention to deadlines and details.
- Respect your leader’s family.
- Communicate with your leader and team.
- Don’t go over your budget, it puts a burden on your leader.
- Increase your education.
- Make Jesus the center of your life.
If you want a better future on your job, check out The 360 Degree Leader by John Maxwell.
6 Things You Really Need To Know If You Attend RTPCC
- Casey and I will be teaching the ownership class on September 8, 15 and 29th for anyone interested in joining RTPCC or finding out more about the vision and core values of our church.
- Back to Church Sunday is September 15th. This is a great time for your family to reconnect with RTPCC.
- Friend Day at the Lake will be on September 22nd. Be thinking of a delicious side item and dessert to bring.
- Freedom’s Crossing will be at RTPCC on October 20th. Adam and Becca were with us last year. This year, they won Southern Gospel’s New Artist of the Year. This will also be an appreciation day for our seniors.
- Octoberfest will happen at RTPCC on October 25th.
- Click here to listen to yesterday’s sermon and here for online giving.